cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thermostat requires Nest power connector

Uttsav1014
Community Member

I am wondering if I can get a free Nest power connector from google as I am having low voltage issue because I do not have C wiring for my heater. I wasn’t aware of this issue until I got new google thermostat. I wouldn’t have bought it in the first place if I knew about this issue. Where is the integrity gone? 

1 Recommended Answer

jstanthrsuburb
Community Member

Ecobee supplies a C-wire adapter free with their thermostat, as well as a flush mount plate. It also has temperature sensor and a PIN security setting, all for basically the same price as the New Google Nest Thermostat. The fact that all of these features are added costs to the consumer using a Nest Thermostat is really unfair, I think. 

If the New (2020) Google Nest Thermostat absolutely requires the C-wire adapter to function correctly (aside from a dedicated 24V AC transformer), then it ought to be included at no additional cost. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jstanthrsuburb
Community Member

Ecobee supplies a C-wire adapter free with their thermostat, as well as a flush mount plate. It also has temperature sensor and a PIN security setting, all for basically the same price as the New Google Nest Thermostat. The fact that all of these features are added costs to the consumer using a Nest Thermostat is really unfair, I think. 

If the New (2020) Google Nest Thermostat absolutely requires the C-wire adapter to function correctly (aside from a dedicated 24V AC transformer), then it ought to be included at no additional cost. 

Hi folks,

@Uttsav1014, thanks for reaching out. We understand your thoughts about the issue you encountered. It’s never our intention to cause frustration or disappointment.

There are promotions offered via email and the Google Home app based on the customer’s eligibility.

To verify if there are offers available, please check for offers on the Offers page or Feed tab on the Google Home app, or go to the Help Center article, Find Google Nest promotional offers, and let us know if you have more questions in mind.

I appreciate your input, @jstanthrsuburb

Best,

Jenelyn