cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

W5 error problem, have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions but nothing works. Please help

nas_analog
Community Member
My Nest Thermostat has the reported "w5 error" and cannot connect to WiFi. It does not even detect the WiFi. Have tried all suggestions (restart and reset both the router and Nest Thermostat) and still won’t connect to WiFi. None of my other nest thermostats have issues connecting. Please help.

161 REPLIES 161

Mmgti2007
Community Member

Google Nest service will recognize the issue but will not actually support. buyer beware

Joe-jbj
Community Member

Tried them all

Amstar48080
Community Member

I have a W5 error. I’ve tried all troubleshooting steps and I’m still not able to connect to WiFi. Please help!

Irmac03
Community Member

Same problem W5 error. Bought Nest last year. I initially thought it was a setting on my Internet but I just subscribed to a new Internet provider and I am getting the same W5 error after going through all the troubleshooting steps. We should all get replacement thermostat since it appears to be a problem with the unit. 

I've been trying for weeks to get rid of the W5 error w/o any success. Been TRYING to contact support and can NOT locate a phone number. Can someone PLEASE help?!? my email is #

Confusedcop29
Community Member

I need help with the W5 error.. Have tried everything like everyone else and still not working..

mo310n
Community Member

This is the same thing i am going through "My Nest Thermostat has the reported "w5 error" and cannot connect to WiFi. It does not even detect the WiFi. Have tried all suggestions (restart and reset both the router and Nest Thermostat) and still won’t connect to WiFi. None of my other nest thermostats have issues connecting. Please help."

abcgirl
Community Member

I am having the same issue with no resolution 

Pyoung79
Community Member

I am having the same issue. 

My Nest Thermostat has the reported "w5 error" and cannot connect to WiFi. It does not even detect the WiFi. Have tried all suggestions (restart and reset both the router and Nest Thermostat) and still won’t connect to WiFi. None of my other nest thermostats have issues connecting. Please help.

Borntodubb
Community Member

I am having the same problem 

FatBeehive
Community Member

As with everyone else here getting w5 errors, have followed all steps to reset and restart but no luck. Is there any support?

Hi, Don't waste time resetting, This is a known chip error of the Thermostat, which the company doesn't inform us of. Please call Nest support at 1 (855) 469-6378. They will replace our Thermostat if it is still under the warranty period.

arunavetlk
Community Member

Error code: nest.com/w5; tried all troubleshooting options. Still cannot connect. Pls help

Master-G
Community Member

Have tried everything suggested. Even moved router 6" from Thermostat and it will not see it.

Hi, Don't waste time resetting, This is a known chip error of the Thermostat, which the company doesn't inform us of. Please call Nest support at 1 (855) 469-6378. They will replace our Thermostat if it is still under the warranty period.

This is the correct answer.  EVERYONE PLEASE READ HIS RESPONSE.  You have to contact customer support.  I just got mine replaced because I tried EVERYTHING.

rohitarora
Community Member

I have the same problem. One thermostat cannot see any wifi networks, and I've tried all the methods suggested, and still nothing works. 

cxr
Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue, was there any update how previous cases went or how do I go about getting a case number?

stedica
Community Member

Has anyone been able to solve this W5 error?

cxr
Community Member

I had the same issue yesterday, after troubleshooting didn’t work I spoke to customer service and they are sending a replacement display, seems like a common issue

Please read my comment and aruvanetik and stedica's comment.  The only way to solve is to call customer service and they will work with you to see if you are under warranty.

CMG_IL_65
Community Member

I have tried everything listed on the Nest help pages including restart and reset both the router and Nest Thermostat and still my WiFi network is not detected by the 2nd generation Nest thermostat. No other device I own does not recognize my network. What are next steps here to resolve this problem. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. 

Can you read my response first then see if that answers your question

Victor7
Community Member

Same issue here

TheKraken
Community Member

Two new Neat thermostats and both have the W5 error. Tried resetting both the Google router and the Nest. Still not working. Please help. 

leehinde
Community Member

I just got of with support. They had me do something I hadn't seen in the self-help stuff and it worked. Press and hold the thermostat for 10 seconds (probably won't take that long) and the thermostat will restart. Mine connected to WiFi after it came back up. 

robsafa
Community Member

This did NOT work!

Do you have any other tips?!

leehinde
Community Member

Sadly it only worked for a short time for me too. As of a few minutes ago I have a replacement on the way.

robsafa
Community Member

How did you go about getting a replacement?

leehinde
Community Member

I called support. I found the number in this thread.1 855 469 6378

How you made to get the replacement?

I contacted support and after they couldn't resolve it they triggered the replacement process.

Ajcastellano
Community Member

I need help how resolve the Isis I had try the whole trouble shooting guide and I still have the problem

1950Shoebox
Community Member

I'm having the W5 error and I'm unable to connect to WIFI.  Everything in our home is working and I've done every step of troubleshooting.  Battery is great, even charged it, reset Furnace and nothing fixes it.  I've tried to locate a site  for help with issues but those sites aren't taking trouble reports.  Is there any one than can help resolve this issue with my Nest Learning Thermostat?

Chapman149
Community Member

I need a car opened I have done this several times and idk what to do to get this thing to work 

kevinandkate9
Community Member

I am having this same issue as of the last month it just won’t connect to the wifi. Any luck with a resolution?

JADrisko
Community Member

I just contacted Support via the chat link on the Google Support page. After about 10 minutes they finally got me setup with a replacement thermostat that is being shipped to me. Apparently there's something defective in the thermostat that needed replacing.

robsafa
Community Member

That's great but why don't you copy and paste the link for other people to be able to do that as well that would be helpful

robsafa
Community Member

POST THE LINK MAN

JADrisko
Community Member