cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wake Display on Approach

DrYes
Community Member

I set it to wake display on approach on the iOS google home app, but it never ever wakes up. Is the motion sensor defective? What should I do? 

2 REPLIES 2

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

Would this be a new or old install?

Could be a faulty sensor, but if not working try a factory reset. Hassle I know, but does clear a lot of faults.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern about the Wake Display feature on the iOS Google Home app. We appreciate your proactive approach to setting up the feature, and I'd be happy to take a look at this.

I appreciate your input, @Frustratedddd.

@DrYes, it might not necessarily indicate a defective motion sensor. To better assist you, try the following troubleshooting steps to determine the cause of the issue:

1. Check Permissions: Ensure that the Google Home app has the necessary permissions, including location access, to utilize the motion sensor feature.
  2. App and Device Updates: Make sure both the Google Home app and your iOS device have the latest updates installed.
  3. Restart your thermostat. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve issues.
  4. Go back into the Google Home app settings and toggle the "Wake on Approach" option off and on again. This might refresh the settings.

Hopefully, one of these steps resolves the problem! Keep us posted.

Regards,
Mark