cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

nest thermostat installation "Problem connecting to cloud" at supplemental nest terms screen

Vitanaut
Community Member

Hi,

Frist, thanks in advance for your time and attention,

I have had Google Home since 2016. Have added third party smart bulbs to the Home App. Using Xfinity Internet modem + WiFi router ,

I have tried everything I can think of to install a Nest Thermostat. Reboots, resets, reinstallations, as a "New device" and a "works with Google" but nothing works (I did not have a previous nest account) after scanning QR code and agreeing to Supplemental Nest terms I get this every time:

"Problem connecting to cloud...Please try again later" 

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

TimHill
Community Member

Did you find a solution to this?  I'm having the same issue at the same point in the process of setting up my thermostat.

Vitanaut
Community Member

Yes, I just returned the nest via Amazon.

After a lot of searching I found this article:

Google: Read my lips. You cannot link up a G Suite account with Nest smart home gizmos

https://www.theregister.com/2019/09/20/nest_cant_use_g_suite_emails/

Juane
Community Member

Hello

I have a personal account in Google. No G suite but still have the same problem. 
When trying to add a  Nest Thermostat , in the Google Home app, after I scan the QR, it tries to create a network and always returns the message “problem connecting to cloud”

BBKan
Community Member

Is there an answer to this problem?  I’ve searched forums etc but still haven’t found an newer to a problem that seems to have persisted for quite some time.  Please, how do I get around this “problem connecting to cloud”?