cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Mini Keeps Telling Me To Log In

PrincessAriel
Community Member

Every time I try to use my device, it tells me to log in to the app! But I am already logged in. I tried to factory reset, and this problem persists.

15 REPLIES 15

DoesNotCompute
Community Member

The Nest Mini shouldn't need you to log-in to your account to be able to use it. But to access a lot of content your Nest Mini becomes a whole lot more functional if you are logged into your Google app on your phone or tablet when linking. Can you describe your problem in a bit more detail? What platform are you setting up the Nest Mini with?

My question is still not answered. Please troubleshoot. 

Hey there,
Sorry for the late response, but I wanted to drop in here to help.

I understand that these issues can be confusing but I definitely wanted to stop by and see how I could help.

Just wanted to double check to see if you were still needing help on this? If so, what troubleshooting steps have you tried?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Garrett DS

i’ve tried factory resetting. i’ve tried unplugging and plugging back in. i’ve tried reinstalling the app. 

Hey there, 

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with this. 
I would suggest performing a factory reset on your device to see if that helps. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Best regards, 

Garrett DS

but i literally just said i tried that? 😞 

sigh. 

Hi there, 

Apologies I missed that first part. 
Have you logged out and logged back into the app?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Best regards, 

Garrett DS

Hey there,
Just wanted to see if you still needed help. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Garrett DS

Maybe it shouldn’t - but it does. Mine does this too. I got in December and, since last week, every day it requires me to set it up as a new device again. 

PrincessAriel
Community Member

It used to work fine. Now every time I ask it to play music it asks me to log in to the app. I am always logged in though. How do I get it to just work like it used to?

PrincessAriel
Community Member

hello. factory resetting didn’t work. it’s out of warranty. so the only thing to do is trash it, which is unfortunate. i see others having the same issue, so i hope google is able to create a solution instead of sending more products to the landfill. 

Hey there,

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles you're still having with this. If you are seeking a replacement, please first fill out this form so we can collect some important information from you. Once the form is submitted, you will have your case number and a member of a higher tier team will be reaching out to you. Please be patient as they are working through a backlog of cases at this time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Best Regards,
Garrett DS

Hey there,
Just wanted to see if you still needed help. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Garrett DS

Hey there,
Just wanted to hop in here to see if we still needed help on this. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours.

Have a great day.
Garrett DS

Hey folks,
It looks like we haven't heard back from the OP so I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to create a new thread.

Have a great day,
Garrett DS