cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google WiFi model GJ2CQ

Sheppard5
Community Member

recently moved and have at&t fiber 500. The fiber box is downstairs across the house from where I want my PC. So purchased a hockey puck google wifi to use as mesh and it works great when it's plugged directly into the at&t router. However I don't like running 100ft Ethernet cables across the house.

How do without using power lines coax etc just get my Google wifi to take the WiFi from the at&t box and spit it back out in Ethernet. That's all want it to do. If there's a secondary WiFi fine as long as it does what I need. I can't seem to figure it out. I put it in bridge mode I put my at&t router into IP passthrough with the G wifi and still isn't working.

just want my PC to be connected via Ethernet without losing speed or spending hundreds of dollars to rewire the house. Please help.

1 REPLY 1

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

So what you want is a WiFi repeater or extender , not a Google wifi.   

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7168315?hl=en-CA#:~:text=Google%20Wifi%20cannot%20be%20....

Saying this, 100ft is quite a distance , you may end up with signal issues at that range.  Would strongly suggest moca (Ethernet over coax) or another option, or just keep doing what you did, with Ethernet.