cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Wifi Bluetooth connection to speaker issue

Guelphguy
Community Member

Myself and hundreds of others have reported an issue with Nest Wifi Point Bluetooth functionality with bluetooth speakers. 

When a bluetooth speaker is initial paired with a speaker it works fine, but after several hours or days, the connection seems to become corrupt. 

Upon reconnecting the speaker to Nest Wifi point, it beeps as if it is paired, but no sound comes out of it, sound only keeps coming out of the point itself and not the speaker, and address in Google home paired devices just shows an address instead of showing the name of the speaker.  The only remedy for this is unplugging the point and re-plugging it in, or restarting through Google home.  It works for a bit and then same thing happens - connection with speaker but no sound playing.  This is not a an acceptable solution to unplug or restart my point every time I want to play audio through my bluetooth speaker- there is something obviously wrong with the software and/or hardware causing this.

Reports of this has been going on for a year and a half, and despite many reports of this, it has not been fixed and is very frustrating to myself, as well as many others.

When is Google going to fix this problem with basic functionality with Nest Wifi point bluetooth connection to speakers?

82 REPLIES 82

Tim6
Community Member

Same issue here. Just a single Google Nest Mini, connected via Bluetooth to a Marshall Woburn I speaker. I even placed the Google Nest Mini NEXT to the speaker, also that didn't solve anything. The connection is patchy, and I have to reset it at least once a day. Very annoying when you have friends over for a Christmas dinner and background music suddenly drops. 

Drichlen
Community Member

Not at all happy with these Google/nest speakers. I connect via Bluetooth from my phone, music plays for ############ minutes and then without failure the speaker disconnects and then won’t reconnect unless I restart the speaker. Amazon speakers on the other hand never fail me. In my opinion Google needs to issue a recall and refund everybody for the poor quality product. It’s unacceptable and the speakers shouldn’t continue to be sold until the issue is resolved. 

Nehezgergo
Community Member

I can’t connect my Nest Hub and Minis to my Bluetooth speaker. This is so **bleep**ing annoying. In the last 2 month no improvments happend.  

Neivmagu
Community Member

I've been having the same issues with my Google Nest Audio. I'm trying to connect my Google nest with my Chromecast tv to get a better sound, but after couple of minutes the Nest audio stop working. It's a pain in the ass, do you guys know if there's a solution? 

There is not. A moderator here is checking in from time to time keeping tabs on this, so it hasn't fell on deaf ears, but from what I am reading this is a problem for a while so who knows when/if it gets fixed.

Mr26bamu
Community Member

Been dealing with this issue for years, it affects google home products as well as google nest. I’ve even called google support and they just have no idea about the issue somehow and their only solution is to restart it which is ridiculous. 

Tgosschalk
Community Member

How does one kick off a class action? The speakers are faulty… they’re clearly not fit for use as advertised and clearly Google doesn’t give a **** whilst continuing to sell them. Big fan of most things Google but this takes the piss

OHernandez
Community Member

It seems that Google does not care about giving a solution to this uncomfortable problem. Perhaps there are more important issues than this one. What a shame

StickMcFly
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem

I bought a Google Nest Mini last week with the intention of turning the speaker I already own into a smart speaker, that I can play music over spotify over Wi-Fi and in the future build up a google multiroom system. 

When I play music with the Google nest mini over the bluetooth speakers often the connection is bad, with crackling sounds and cut outs and after a few minutes of listening, the connection fails entirely and the music starts coming out of the nest mini. Reconnecting the nest mini witht the speakers again usually doesn't work until I reboot it. I have never had issues with the speakers when connecting to it via bluetooth from other devices. I did a factory reset with the nest mini, but it didn't fix the problem.

I really hope they resolve this issue soon, since the main purpose of buying the device was to steer the music over it, which is not an option at the moment. I already told some friends who asked about the product not to buy it, before google fixes this issue

Return the speakers immediately. You won't solve the issue. I've been going back and forth with Google over this and they will not refund my purchase. They will only send me new speakers which won't solve the issue. I bought my speakers about 6 months ago. Now I'm stuck with this trash. 

StacyS
Community Member

I was glad I bought a service plan with mine, that refunded most of my speaker cost. Otherwise I'd be wasting time getting new speakers every month when one stops working and Google sends a replacement.

I saw someone mention class action lawsuit regarding this issue. Now I think I understand why. Google is still selling defunct speakers and they know the issue and are taking peoples money still anyway. 

Sorry they took yours. Hopefully there will be a better resolution soon. 

Still the same. In the last 1-year google home is worst by day by day. 

Return them asap. Not kidding.

I bought mine from Target, with a service plan. Lukcy for me I had a service plan because when I was past the return date Target would not let me return nor exchange them.

I informed my service plan insurer that the problem was unresolved. I reached out to google store (even if you bought them elsewhere let them know the problem they will work with you, replacing them maybe?). Before Google had a resolution for me, my service plan refunded me most of the cost and let me keep the speaker. I paid 75, was refunded 67, and now the speaker is in a box still in the trunk of my car.

It works like a brick pretty much.

There are plenty, "practically new in box" being sold on Mercari. I started to think those sellers, probably same situation I ended up in, they had a service plan, speaker stopped working properly, they got a refund, still had speaker, decided to sell it and not tell buyer there could be an issue down the road.

Again.. Just return it asap. 

I ended up splurging on a Bose 500 instead. 

We don't have an official google store in Hungary. This way, I can't send it back. That's why I have to use my phone in English and set the region to the US. Otherwise, I can't use a lot of features in the app.

fadeeveu
Community Member

If you are planning to buy a Google Nest mini or audio, bear in mind that they are still faulty, considering the Bluetooth connection, they still have no promised integration with the Google TV either. According to the feedback being received, we have no idea when Google is going to fix it. My bluetooth connection is still failing, I'm experiencing the same issue as many other Google Nest users that have reported the issue. 

RobbyHalim
Community Member

Gosh. I’m frustrated about this bluetooth issue on my Nest hub. The connection pretty bad. I’m considering to move on to switch it to Echo dot. The thing is I only subscribe to Youtube premium and Echo dot can’t play youtube music. I think I will move on to Spotify or Apple music. Thanks Google for all these years!

bradowado
Community Member

Have similar issues when connecting my Nest Audio to my computer via Bluetooth. Initially, it works fine. But after it disconnects when my computer sleeps and reconnects, or after disabling Bluetooth on the Nest Audio and re-enabling Bluetooth, the Nest Audio will pair to the computer, but won't always connect. Or it will connect, but it isn't recognized as a Windows Audio device, so no sound comes out. Or I can't pair and Google Home will fail to put the speaker into pairing mode. Sometimes pulling and putting the power cable back into the Nest will fix it. If if disable/re-enable the Bluetooth on the Nest Audio, it stays broken until I do a Factory Reset.

Nehezgergo
Community Member

In the last few days, something happened. It works quite good, and the sound quality is much better than before. It connects to the speaker without even asking it.

minhal92
Community Member

I just bought a new Google Nest speaker and I am having this same problem

dearlittlebird
Community Member

same problem here. have been waiting for Google to do something. It's June 2022!

Yeah I almost returned it but telling google to Clear Paired Devices, delete from my device and repairing seems to fix it but takes a few minutes. They need to fix this properly though.

Hasn't been bugged too much now so it's fine

pleasefixbt
Community Member

This is still a problem. Bluetooth from iPhone 13 Pro to new nest mini was used to listen to sleep sounds on a preferred app, middle of the night the connection dropped. 

Best solution for now is Factory reset your device and repair the Bluetooth. GOOGLE needs to fix this!!!

trotski1977
Community Member

Google ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS??????? My house is full of Google IOT, but I need a much better speaker than you can offer for the garden. I have several high quality bluetooth speakers that I just cannot achieve a stable connection. If you sold a genuine high end speaker I could understand your lack of enthusiasm to correct this in favour of buying more Google products; however, NONE of your speakers come close to the Bose offerings for example. I have nest mini (2ndGen) so they are BT5. You have no excuse, why has this not been resolved???????

WPang
Community Member

I had the same issue. To fix this, go into Google Home, then Media and find the google mini device and increase the volume setting. Note that this volume setting is different from the master volume of Bluetooth of your phone.

Nehezgergo
Community Member

It is so **bleep**ing ridiculous! Why are you manufacturing something if you don't know how to do it? It is the sixth year in this business and the service is not better but worst by day by day.

Nae1234
Community Member

It still dont work mine is broken. It was fixed but now its broken again

zahidul
Community Member

Such a scrap. I'm having this issue each and every day. I didn't know that this was a device issue. My scenario is like, I started playing a movie on my PC but sounds are coming from this next mini and I laid down in my bed with a cozy blanket, suddenly after 30 seconds or 1 min, it gets disconnected... Can you feel the pain? Is there any way we can sue to google?

Lostprincess
Community Member

I have the same issue with my Google nest wifi point. 

xcron0sx
Community Member

Same issue here and google is either not aware, won't care, accepted the bug and moved on

Echo_Harsh
Community Member

I have a nest router and point. Even after being on the same network, which should not be an issue, after connecting to bluetooth, there is no sound from the point, I have Spotify connected and plays well but whenever I want to play music from youtube using bluetooth, no sound. Again it's not just youtube issue, there is no sound from bluetooth connection. My phone says connected to bluetooth with the same device and even the point says it's connected. In the home app, it says playing music and I can see the volume as well but still no sound.

nicorusz88
Community Member

I can't believe that the first comment on the  thread is from 2021 and on August 2022 the issue is still there. I have a jbl charge 4 and works at first and then it stops working. As a developer I can't believe this issue can't be solved, not with so many people sending reports about it. I am pretty sure they are not addressing the issue, and if they are, the developers should be fired.

ITidiotguu
Community Member

I'm having the same irritating issue. I'm ok with it getting disconnected. BUT NOT OK WHEN I WANT TO RECONNECT TH BT it couldn't! And it happens every single day. Sometimes 2 to 3 times a day!!!!!!! And I have to keep resetting my Google audio! This is really annoying to the point I feel like this device suppose to help me enjoy but instead it's giving me more problems and inconvenience. 

Your truly 

Disappointed IT idiot guy

cpfjs
Community Member

Same issue. Connect a B&W Zeppelin to Google Home Mini via Bluetooth. Connection drops daily. Restart the device and it's fine again. Makes the entire customer experience miserable. Suspect Jeff has left Google/Had enough. 

SatishM
Community Member

Hello Everyone, 

Bought google Nest, same issue - it was not playing sound via Bluetooth (Connected to phone / Connected to Laptop / Connected to TV).

For all devices it is connected but not playing any sound. Before Buying i need to see this thread 😞 - My Bad

maxito
Community Member

Hi

I’m having the same issue. A Google Nest Hub connected via BT to a Canton speaker. It works fine for a while and then it stops. The speaker keeps showing that the Google Nest is connecting/disconnecting repeatedly, but I can’t get the music play on the speaker. Only by resetting the Google device or reestablishing the BT connection (which is very tedious) I can get it to work again. 

MikeGr
Community Member

I have just purchased a Nest Hub 2 and connected via Bluetooth to a pair of JBL Flip 5 speakers.  Lovely sound , except for sound dropping for a second or so every few minutes then recovering.  Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

I have a multiple google speakers elsewhere in the house, but I don't want to unplug them and bring them into the study and wait for them to power up and sync before listening to music!

Emil94
Community Member

Hello,

I got q killburn audiospeaker wish i paired with the nest. Bought the nest today and already got annoyed by the Bt troubles.. it works fine to connect, after a while it disconnects and then i cant reconnect even tho i find the device in paired units in the google app. I have to press the pairbutton on the device to make it work again.. 

Ive seen this thread, its been 2 years.. fix this now.

WeberS
Community Member

I just bought a Nest Hub and connected it to my receiver via bluetooth. I have had this device for two days, and each night, in the middle of the night it decides to disconnect from the bluetooth then reconnect every 15 seconds or so causing that "speaker connected" chime. I ended up muting the device until morning. To get a stable connection again, I have to put my receiver in pairing mode, and then set the default speakers on the Nest Hub again. 

From this thread, it looks like this is a common issue and has been going on for years with no resolution. Sounds like the Nest Hub is getting returned and Amazon Echo is getting my money. Do better Google.

RobTosh
Community Member

Can we get an update from Google on this? I’m having the same problem. Connect phone to Nest via Bluetooth, shows a connection was made but no audio. Unplug and plug back in nest and it starts working again. So frustrating but this is what I’ve always found with Google. They spam out half baked solutions and never support or fix the issues that make it out in production.