cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Port Forwarding configuration

dkman123
Community Member

What I really want is an interface to do it from a computer.

When I visit the {ip}.1 page the Google Wifi says "download the Google Wifi app"

When you open the Google Wifi app it says "use the Google Home app"

But in google Wifi I can see the ports I had set up earlier, but the + won't do anything so I can't add new ones.

Google Wifi - (under settings) - Network & general - Advanced networking - Port management

Google Home - Wifi - (gear icon) - Advanced networking - Port management

It cycles a while, then says "you have no port forwarding rules"

Hit the +

Choose Device gets error "no connected devices"

What gives?  I highly preferred when I could do this through a google account page.

1 Recommended Answer

dkman123
Community Member

Ok. The Google Home app was also complaining that the "network was down" and that it saw 0 devices.  Neither was true, and resetting the router woke it up.

Then everything worked as expected.  It even loaded the existing forwarded ports and saw the devices as active.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Juzdu
Bronze
Bronze

There is no computer/browser interface I'm afraid.

You're following the right process in that 2nd section (using Google Home - Wifi rather than the Google Wifi app which has been superceded).  But it sounds like you don't have devices connected to your Google Wifi network...do you have multiple wifi networks?  In order to create a port forwarding rule you have to have the device you want forwarding to connected to the network so you can select it after hitting + in Port Management.

In Google Home app - Wifi, can you see a list of devices connected to your Google/Nest Wifi under "Devices"?

dkman123
Community Member

Ok. The Google Home app was also complaining that the "network was down" and that it saw 0 devices.  Neither was true, and resetting the router woke it up.

Then everything worked as expected.  It even loaded the existing forwarded ports and saw the devices as active.