cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wifi connected but not internet

dsholy
Community Member

My wifi mesh system was working great and recently it quit. I decided to factory reset and everything seemed to work. I used the same ssid and password. 

Recently I have been having wifi issues with my two wifi firesticks and my Samsung s24. 

After a minute or so, the firesticks work. 

1 Recommended Answer

Hey @dsholy .

Thanks for the additional information.

From what you have described, it sounds like you have a Double NAT. When you reset the modem you cleared the settings, including those that allowed the modem/router to hand the routing to the Google Wifi. After the resets, the modem/router and the Google Wifi are both trying to manage the traffic which is causing the drops; reconnection is occurring when the recognized SSID is connected to.

Reach out to your ISP, either directly or through their self-install portal, and have the modem/router reprovisioned. Once completed, remove the Google Wifi devices via the Google Home app and set the network back up again. When you connect to the modem/router in the setup process it should automatically place the modem/router into bridge mode (if not, you will need to do so manually or via their Support); make sure that routing and wifi are also disabled on the ISP's modem/router either way. You should be able to connect to the service and set the network back up. Below are some articles that may be of assistance:

Fix Double NAT when two routers run at the same time 

Factory reset your Wifi device 

Remove Google devices from the Google Home app 

Set up Google Wifi 

Set up a network that uses VLAN tagging (not sure if you have this but just in case)

Let me know if this resolves the issue or if you need any further assistance.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PatrickP_Viking
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hey @dsholy .

Can you provide additional details? What exactly is occurring with those devices? What recently "quit working" that prompted you to do a factory reset? Did you also reset your ISP modem/router? Who is your ISP?

I forgot to mention, my router took a dump so I swapped it out. After swapping routers, my wifi was having issues to I factory reset everything. I reset the modem/router. Isp is midco

Hey @dsholy .

Thanks for the additional information.

From what you have described, it sounds like you have a Double NAT. When you reset the modem you cleared the settings, including those that allowed the modem/router to hand the routing to the Google Wifi. After the resets, the modem/router and the Google Wifi are both trying to manage the traffic which is causing the drops; reconnection is occurring when the recognized SSID is connected to.

Reach out to your ISP, either directly or through their self-install portal, and have the modem/router reprovisioned. Once completed, remove the Google Wifi devices via the Google Home app and set the network back up again. When you connect to the modem/router in the setup process it should automatically place the modem/router into bridge mode (if not, you will need to do so manually or via their Support); make sure that routing and wifi are also disabled on the ISP's modem/router either way. You should be able to connect to the service and set the network back up. Below are some articles that may be of assistance:

Fix Double NAT when two routers run at the same time 

Factory reset your Wifi device 

Remove Google devices from the Google Home app 

Set up Google Wifi 

Set up a network that uses VLAN tagging (not sure if you have this but just in case)

Let me know if this resolves the issue or if you need any further assistance.