cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Connect - NA004 in every scenario

altjx
Community Member

Yesterday I decided to buy a Nest x Yale Lock with the Nest Connect, and the Nest Connect has been a nightmare.

First, I was successful with connecting the Nest Connect to my home wifi network, but ran into issues connecting the Nest Connect with the Nest x Yale Lock during the setup process. Next, I perform a factory reset of the Nest Connect and learned online that this thing sucks when it comes to pairing it up with the app while the phone is on a 5ghz network (not sure why it matters if they can talk to each other via IP).

Ever since the factory reset, I have been unable to re-connect the Nest Connect to Wi-Fi. I have tried all of the following:

• Disabled 5ghz band and forced only 2.4ghz to broadcast
  • Disconnected Wi-Fi router entirely
  • Performed factory reset of Nest Connect (at least 10 times at this point)
  • Configured my iPhone 13 Pro Max to Airplane Mode and using Wi-Fi + Bluetooth.
  • Toggled on/off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
  • Tried my gf's iPhone 13 Pro
  • Moved the Nest Connect directly next to the Orbi Router
  • Moved the Nest Connect directly next to the Yale Lock
  • Disconnected from Wi-Fi from my phone
  • Tried pairing the app with Nest Connect manually (rather than scanning the QR code)
  • Created a new "Home" in the Google Home app per another forum post's suggestion

In every single instance of the bullets above, I get the exact same error message, which is:

"Something went wrong. Your Nest Connect couldn't connect to W-iF-. Make sure that your Wi-Fi network is connected to the internet and that you entered the correct password. na004(0.80)"

This error message does not ever change in any of the aforementioned steps that I've tried.  I have reached out to Nest Support and they've escalated it 2 times up and currently awaiting a response (typically within one business day according to them).

I have over two dozen smart devices in my house and none of them have any issues connecting to Wi-Fi.

Here's the video of it happening: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eAJncey5WbQ

Does anyone else have any other suggestions here? I've already installed the Nest x Yale Lock, and this particular color is out of stock everywhere around me, so I'm hesitant on returning the device unless I can just return the Nest Connect by itself to Best Buy (doubt it).

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

1 Recommended Answer

altjx
Community Member

Solved this by buying another Nest Connect. New one connected in less than 30 seconds. Can't believe I blew 6+ hours troubleshooting this yesterday. Almost makes me want to take the working one back as well.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

altjx
Community Member

Solved this by buying another Nest Connect. New one connected in less than 30 seconds. Can't believe I blew 6+ hours troubleshooting this yesterday. Almost makes me want to take the working one back as well.

BusyBee
Community Member

Wow thanks for ur reply.  I have the same problem getting my nest connect to connect to my wifi.  Eventually I connected my nest yale lock with Hub max.  Now that they no longer support hub max soon,  I guess I'd just have to buy another Nest connect with no choice…