cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Yale lock offline

MRBTE
Community Member

On Sunday my Yale lock just randomly dropped offline.  I have tried all troubleshooting with no luck.  I have the Connect device about 3 feet away and have verrified it's connection to the WiFi.  All of my WiFi devices are Google or Nest devices.  
ANy ideas as to what the issues are?

42 REPLIES 42

IceHedgeHog
Community Member

Went offline last Tuesday for 6 hours and then has been online ever since. 

Ddish81
Community Member

My Yale lock still won’t sync with the app. My Nest connect works and they seem to be talking but when I hold the blue button on the lock to add to the app it fails every time. Like I said I had the lock for about 5 months and it worked but for the last 1.5 months no luck at all. I try to reconnect every week or two but same results. Starting to wonder if Google needs to replace my lock at this point. Thoughts?

Ddish81
Community Member

I just spent an hour on the phone doing all the hard resets. Assuming your next connect and lock work correctly, I got everything to pair with the app but I had to create a second home on my nest account just for the lock (I called the home "lock"). Then when pairing the device I had to turn off the Bluetooth and cellular data on my phone and just had it operate on wifi through the process. This is what the tech told me to do and for whatever reason this seemed to work, I guess these things can create some interference. We will see if it actually stays online for an extended period of time but for now it works on my app. Hope this helps.