cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yale Lock icon missing from Google Home and Nest App

onefastskater
Community Member

Not sure what's been going on. My Yale lock decided to stop honoring my master code. So I reset the lock, by pulling batteries, holding the reset button and then powering the device back on. I deleted the device in the Nest app and then re-added it, by scanning the QR code. I was curious that when I add the lock, the Nest app gave me the option of setting a new passcode, which I did.

Now neither Google Home, nor the Nest app (including web page access) displays the lock.

I sent feedback from my phone including logs. I'm not sure what else I can do.

4 REPLIES 4

onefastskater
Community Member

Another piece of data. When looking at the web Nest page I got a message telling me to finish configuring the Yale lock on the iPhone Nest app. The app on the phone was just spinning. No icon for the lock.

Hi onefastskater,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that and for the delayed response here. No worries, we’ll check this out — a few questions: what’s the status light of your Nest Connect? How far is your Nest x Yale Lock and Connect from the router? Are the batteries of your lock fresh and standard AA alkaline batteries? Also, what Wi-Fi frequency band do you try to connect to (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz)?

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Take off the battery cover and remove the batteries from your lock. If you received a low battery alert, use a fresh set of standard AA batteries. Don't use rechargeable batteries with your lock.
  2. Put the batteries back in after 60 seconds. Wait a few minutes to check if your lock comes back online.
  3. Restart the Connect:
    • Plug Connect into a power outlet.
    • Hold down Connect’s button until the light pulses blue (about 10 seconds). Then release the button.
  4. Factory reset your Connect. Hold your Connect’s button for much longer than 8 seconds, the light will turn yellow, which means your Connect is preparing to factory reset. Keep holding down the button, when the light flashes yellow then goes off, release the button.
  5. Remove it from the Nest app. Then, add it back. The recommended router settings are the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi frequency.
  6. Restart your modem or router, unplug it from the power outlet, wait for 1 to 2 minutes. Then, plug it back in.
  7. If all else fails, factory reset your lock. Then, re add it to your Nest app.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

JT

Thanks JT for [picking this up.

1. New non-rechargeable batteries.  No low battery alerts.

2. The lock has been re-booted (remove batteries and then reinsert).

3. Resetting Connect solved the problem.

Thanks!

Hey there,

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that! As we got our resolution here, I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. I'll be locking this thread if we won't hear back from you again in 24 hours. Should that happen, feel free to create a new one if you have more questions or have other concerns in the future. 

Best,

JT