cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Choose an update time for Google Next Max Hub

jrconlin
Community Member

This morning, at about 0400, my Max received a software update that initially failed. I know this because I woke up at 0410 or so with it making the start up chime and blaring light into my face, and it continued to do so for 30 minutes until I unplugged it. 

I understand the need for software updates. I also appreciate not having my alarm clock wake me up hours ahead of schedule, then fail to wake me at the appropriate time.

Is it possible to specify a window when these software updates can be applied? Say, during the day when I am not trying to sleep or otherwise actively using the device. Heck, I could even be able to more actively fix any broken updates that occur before I go to sleep.

Honestly, users should be able to set their update window because not everyone has the same schedule or uses the device in the same way. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

As far as I'm aware there's no feature or setting to do that, unfortunately. I’d encourage you to also send this feedback directly to Google. You will not receive a response, unless Google need more details from you, however the team are still reading the feedback.