cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Switching from Nest to Google App

dartiss
Community Member

I keep getting nagged to switch my cameras from the Nest to Google App but I'd like to know what features of the Nest app I'll loose if I do this. It seem to be changing and I can't get an up-to-date definitive answer.

Also, any news on when Nest Protect will make the transition, as that would be the only thing left for me in the Nest app (and one of the other reasons why I've not moved my cameras)?

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

As explained below:
Nest Cam Indoor 1st-Gen on Google Home - Google Nest Community
Nest Cam Outdoor (1st gen) expanded support rollin… - Google Nest Community

You can move your camera back to the Nest app should you want to.

As for Nest Protect, no news on that front unfortunately.

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

As explained below:
Nest Cam Indoor 1st-Gen on Google Home - Google Nest Community
Nest Cam Outdoor (1st gen) expanded support rollin… - Google Nest Community

You can move your camera back to the Nest app should you want to.

As for Nest Protect, no news on that front unfortunately.

dartiss
Community Member

It took a few clicks to find what is not supported but, yeah, I can't see a good reason to transfer right now.

Is there any way to stop the transfer nags in the Nest app (and I don't mean by closing them each time they appear)?

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

As far as I know no unfortunately.

Srb1323
Community Member

Hi david. I am having an issue with the app. It wont let me sign in as i forget the password and no longer have that email. It also wont let me create a new nest account. 

@dartiss 

Until the missing Nest app features (https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/13038234#zippy=%2Cnest-app-only-features) are added to the Google Home app, we don't want to transfer our 1st gen cameras (and the 1st gen doorbells are still not eligible for transfer anyhow).

I think you only get the transfer nags if you are on the beta "Public Preview" version of the Google Home app. We're still on the regular version and do NOT get those messages.

Thanks. I've now left the Public Preview.