I have two Nest Protect Smoke Detectors I am trying to log into to obtain the network name and entry keys as the labels have been damaged and can't use the QR code, nor can I read the entry keys etc...
How do I go about connecting to the Nest Protect?
I've come across a couple of articles outlining a process to mount the device to your connected computer, however these don't seem to work.
I have figured it out...
1. Plug USB into back of Nest Protect, and connect to your computer or laptop.
2. Hold down the Nest button on the Nest Protect until it attaches to your computer or laptop.
3. Open the device in file explorer and then open the .PLI file.
4. Scroll to the bottom and you should find a 6 digit paring code.
5. You can now set up the Nest Protect manually.