cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Nest thermostat is going to be disabled

Amy131
Community Member

I have received notice from Nest that I need to 'migrate from Works to Google Home my thermostat device in order to continue using it, after Sept. 29. I do have an account with Google, but do not have the faintest idea on how to proceed. I am a senior woman (80 yrs old), and this technical stuff is way above me, and cannot follow the directions given in the long email. Who can I reach, where can I call, to get some help? Someone to guide me in how to 'migrate' my account in order to continue using the App I had installed in my cell for the past 4 years? It is very convenient, and I don't want to lose that service after the 29th. Please help me. 

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hey there @Amy131! If you would prefer, here is how to contact the Google Nest support team directly.

1. Go to Contact Us - Google Nest Help
  2. Select an appropriate product or category, type a brief description of the issue, then click Next.
  3. Click Other, then click Next step.
  4. In the Resources section, click Next step.
  5. Choose to get a phone call, call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hey there @Amy131! If you would prefer, here is how to contact the Google Nest support team directly.

1. Go to Contact Us - Google Nest Help
  2. Select an appropriate product or category, type a brief description of the issue, then click Next.
  3. Click Other, then click Next step.
  4. In the Resources section, click Next step.
  5. Choose to get a phone call, call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

Amy131
Community Member

David_K, Thank you for responding to my question! In the meantime, I also discovered that since my Nest had started operating after 8/2019 with my Google acc. apparently the so called 'migration' was not necessary! Alleluia! But I am keeping your directions, just in case! Thanks!!

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

No problem at all. Glad to hear that!