cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Protects online but flashing yellow?

Pilsco
Community Member

Hi there,

I have 3 Nest Protects in my home. Yesterday, I silenced an alarm in the kitchen (Smokey cooking) and since then the other two Protects in my house are still flashing yellow. 

If I tap the button on the two that are flashing, it gives me the “heads up, there’s smoke in the kitchen “ prompt, and I can’t seem to get rid of it.

all three show that they are online in the app, but they won’t complete a test, and the directions for a factory reset aren’t working.

What do I do now?

6 REPLIES 6

squad51
Community Member

I am having the exact same issue except that my heads up message is saying that there is carbon monoxide downstairs. I have 7 devices and I tried removing the one where it said the issue was but now I can't re add it. I am more than frustrated.

Pilsco
Community Member

Hey there,

I was on the Iine with tech support for about an hour and it’s all fixed now:

the first step was to remove the “primary unit” (the first one I installed originally and factory reset it. Once that was done, I was able to factory reset my others. Had to remove them all from my ap and factory rest them before starting over with the set up in app - which also meant pulling them down to be able to scan the QR codes on the back of each.

luckily I only had to deal with 3, vs your 7, but I’m back in action now. Hopefully this works for you.

tech support said it sounds like when I silenced the alarm, the Nest network glitched and it didn’t send the signal

to reset the alert to the others. Very frustrating 

squad51
Community Member

It worked. Had to delete and reinstall everything but it's working now. Thanks.

LoriP
Community Member

You’re kidding me with the reset all the units to solve this problem. I have 14 (large house) and I can’t reach the ceilings. Just now seeing the flashing yellow light at 12:04 am trying to go to sleep. I have to get the electrician back out to reset these? What a nightmare. There must be an easier way. 

randomtom83
Community Member

Ugh. I'm having the same issue and not looking forward to having to reset them. There should be an easier way

thatniceguynick
Community Member

FML I am having this same problem at midnight on a work night and it's flashing the the bed room. Why can't they just refresh? We need an update.