cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest protect mounting bracket support

Nestsupportbad
Community Member

I just got off a very frustrating 30 minute chat with the nest protect support  team and because my 2 smoke detectors are out of warranty they refused to give me mounting brackets which were lost in a home remodel.
They have the ability to send out these plastic brackets but are just reading from a script and have a very rigid policy which I think is unreasonable since this is not a warranty issue. This is extremely frustrating because there is nowhere to buy these brackets even on their site and they claim because it’s out of warranty there’s no way I can get them. The agent ended up turning my chat off when I asked to be escalated to a manager. I’m extremely frustrated and this will influence me to go to a more friendly support like Amazon and use their products going forward. Does anyone have any suggestions and are the standard smoke detector mounting brackets?

5 REPLIES 5

H-Man
Bronze
Bronze

They aren't standard and are only made for Nest. I got mine from ebay after Google couldn't help me.

Thank you 

seems ridiculous that google Nest would not provide a way to get a proprietary bracket either via an online google store like they have for the camera and thermostat or a way to get a replacement. 

Hello folks,

@Nestsupportbad I understand where you're coming from. Please fill out this form with all the needed information. Let me know once you’re done.

@H-Man thanks for the information.

Best,

Emerson

I filled In the form @EmersonB 

Hi Nestsupportbad,

We got your form — thanks for filling it out. Our team will reach out to you via email anytime soon. Please continue the conversation there as this thread will be locked after 24 hours.

Thanks,
Emersona