cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update on Heads Up Functionality?

Apollo606
Community Member

Hello, 

I have posted in 2 other conversations about the Gen 2 Heads Up not functioning. I have done all the resets, chatted with online support and over the phone. I have an Android my wife has an iPhone. Wifi is connected, all the usual things have been done. 

What appears to be the issue is that the Heads Up trigger smoke level is too high and too close to what the level is that triggers the full alarm. Can you please please please put in a software update that will have the heads up trigger at say 1 part per million when the full alarm triggers as 2 parts per million etc? Seems like right now the Heads Up triggers at say 1.8 parts per million, making it useless, the system skips right past it and goes to the full alarm, which is very annoying. We need time to get alerted and deactivate the alarm.

Right now I feel like I've spent money on essentially dumb alarms that do not provide a Heads Up. Friends of mine who also have Gen 2 also have the same problem. I'm hoping this can be put to RnD to change it so we can actually deactivate the alarm when it's toast burning so we're not startled by the full alarm. Until that happens, these things lack the feature to make it worth it. It's been a year since last posting, hoping something has changed. 

Thank you. 

1 Recommended Answer

SoCal
Community Member

Having the exact same experience here with 5 Gen2 Protects.   I have read that software version 3.5rc3 was supposed to fix this issue but all my devices are running 3.5rc3 and I’ve never had a “heads-up” warning despite several alarms on three of them (all cooking for shower related).  

I agree with @Apollo606 - the Heads-Up feature was the reason I paid a premium for these devices.    I’ll be returning them shortly if I don’t find a fix that works.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

SoCal
Community Member

Having the exact same experience here with 5 Gen2 Protects.   I have read that software version 3.5rc3 was supposed to fix this issue but all my devices are running 3.5rc3 and I’ve never had a “heads-up” warning despite several alarms on three of them (all cooking for shower related).  

I agree with @Apollo606 - the Heads-Up feature was the reason I paid a premium for these devices.    I’ll be returning them shortly if I don’t find a fix that works.