Sorry I recently brought a flat with a google nest thermostats E with heat link already installed. I believe I have reset both devices back to default settings but when it comes to linking the two devices I get this error message. Someone please help!
Got it. Here are some steps you can try:
1. Turn off all the devices in the room that are using Wifi or Bluetooth.
2. Reset the thermostat by pressing it quickly 2 times and then press and hold the display for 5 seconds.
3. Reset the Heat Link by pressing its button 1 time to wake it up and then press and hold for 15 seconds.
4. Power cycle your phone.
5. Open the Nest app and create a new home structure.
6. Enable airplane mode on your device and then enable your Bluetooth and Wifi.
7. Add the thermostat to your new home ( you can also try to add it without scanning the QR code ).
Let us know how it goes.