cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Learning Thermostat won’t start

CrunchTheNumber
Community Member

I’ve got two (2) Nest Learning thermostats that have been installed for years and have never had issues. We came home from a vacation today to find that one has been offline for 4 days. The display was initially dark & unresponsive, but there was a flashing green light at the top of the display. I followed the reset procedure by pushing the display in for 10 secs, the releasing & pushing it back in. The face illuminated and shows the little nest house logo, but won’t go any further. The technical information page in iOS says it was last updated Sep 25, 2019. The other thermostat is still operating.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Display-2.12

Backplate-2.21

6 REPLIES 6

CrunchTheNumber
Community Member

It’s also been charging for several hours.

This morning, I had to set the thermostat up, again, but it's working.

I'm guessing a hung software update, followed by a deep battery drain.

Hi CrunchTheNumber,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you had to experience, but I'm glad that it's working again.

There are situations where the battery gets drained, such as when the Wi-Fi connection is unstable, the connection between the thermostat and the router has interference, or the thermostat may have power-sharing issues that have been overlooked for a long time.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards,

Mark

Hey there,

I wanted to see if you still needed help. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Mark

CrunchTheNumber
Community Member

The issue is resolved. Thanks.

Hi CrunchTheNumber,

Yey! Thanks for letting us know, and I'm glad that it's back on track again.

So I'm going to lock this thread in 24 hours. If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to create a new post.

Best regards,

Mark