cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lost ability to schedule my NEST using my iPhone!

Ancientprof53
Community Member

Hi folks,

I have somehow lost the ability to remotely schedule my NEST using my iPhone. The App is on the phone but there's no longer ability to program the NEST remotely. I used to do this all the time and then one day last spring, it just disappeared (obviously something I did incorrectly!) Over the summer I didn't bother because the Ac was on all the time.  I don't know what I did wrong, but it keeps telling me how to install the NEST (that's obviously already done) but then asks me to secure a code from the NEST but I can't seem to get it.

I just want to be able to program/schedule the NEST from my iPhone again.

Help!

Thank you!!

RFH

7 REPLIES 7

HK21
Community Member

That’s what exactly happened to me. What that means is that your Wi-Fi connection is also lost. You can try to re-establish that and see if you are able to add the device to app (first you need to delete that thermostat from the app and then add back when Wi-Fi is restored). In my case none of that I could do and I noticed my firmware is also weird number 6.2.22 and Google won’t explain what is that. May be they pushed a pilot version and killed my unit. Check which firmware you have. 

markvw3
Community Member

I am having issues with 6.2-22 as well. I can remotely connect to my Nest Thermostat E (have 3) through the app, but I can’t change the temp. These units are in a cabin and I am afraid the pipes will freeze. This is the only reference to 6.2-22 I have found online. Not sure what to do. 

HK21
Community Member

This why Sen. Warren wants break up Facebook and Google. These folks are irresponsible and needs to be put on guard thru consumer action. 

Jagz
Community Member

Google screwed up my device! I HATE THAT!

Also, the app is asking for the number which is NOT THERE on the device!

I am too old to keep reseting the device. Google has let me down bad!

My humbled request to Google Nest Please, please  show STEP BY STEP insttructions how to recover the schedule. There is wild swing of temperatures! And is now below zero these days.

LC2022
Community Member

Yes googe screwed up my Nest in phone app as well. I can no longer see my 2 thermostats on phone. They need TRUE CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH LIVE HELP OVER THE PHONE! 

FJay
Community Member
  • I just had the same thing happen to me with my nest learning thermostat. Did you ever fix it?

Debbie123
Community Member

Me too. Can't reconnect. The app keeps asking me for some number on my thermostats that do not exist. It's winter, and I want to reconnect both of my thermostats, but I cant reconnect.