cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Compatibility Check

Andrew12025
Community Member

4F5D7074-4BF7-4CE2-AA39-73D6A0D95EBB.jpeg

Hello,

I’m interested in the Nest 3rd gen learning thermostat.  
I’ve attached my current wiring.

Can anyone please let me know if this is compatible and provide any tips? Or if I need any additional items.

Thanks,

Andrew

2 Recommended AnswerS

NurNur, many thin wires is called “stranded” in technical terminology. Thermostat wire is not usually stranded, and the picture does seem to show that they are solid, the OP can confirm if needed. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

16 REPLIES 16

NurNur
Community Member

I just installed mine.  download the nest app on your phone and look at the installation.  Follow it as if you are installing and you will know best that way.  I found it to be very clear and easy.

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

I don’t see any wire pic attached, please double check. 

887787C2-31FF-4855-A390-E8FDEDD359C6.jpeg

Ok this looks good, you should have no issue installing a Nest. 

Thank you

NurNur
Community Member

go through the steps / the procedure as if you are installing the thermostat. It is there.

NurNur
Community Member

Andrew, when I look at your photo, I cannot tell if the wires are each solid or each made of many thin wires.  Perhaps Lauren was able to see it better than I.  If they are each a solid wire, then that is good.  If they are each made of several then according to the app, my recollection is that it is not compatible.  

NurNur, many thin wires is called “stranded” in technical terminology. Thermostat wire is not usually stranded, and the picture does seem to show that they are solid, the OP can confirm if needed. 

Thank you Laurentbourg.  Correct, wires are confirmed solid.

Thank you

Hello,   When setting up the system I was not fully sure if the nest was compatible. Please confirm

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 6.50.41 PM.png

What nest model are you contemplating?

Nest Learning model

Thank you NurNur.  Wires are confirmed solid.

NurNur
Community Member

Andrew, when I look at your photo, I cannot tell if the wires are each solid or each made of many thin wires.  Perhaps Lauren was able to see it better than I.  If they are each a solid wire, then that is good.  If they are each made of several then according to the app, my recollection is that it is not compatible.  

ivandgr8
Community Member

I am not sure if my system is compatible with Nest thermostat. Not sure why I have two jumpers on Y and W2, and on R and Rc.

6996E76C-90B3-49A1-8D15-B4F8CAF66D6A.jpeg