cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat / app instructions not initiating boiler ignition/operation

Colditz
Community Member

Username relevant 🙂 

😞

it finally got cold enough to merit eating the price of heating the house; naturally, Nest / boiler combo have forgotten how since we last had the heating on in the first month or two of this year 

Nest Thermostat system Version 3 (I think).

Heat Link has three separate lights. Generally only one - top, green - is lit. pushing button causes all three to light for a brief time, then back to just green. 

Nest app working fine on the face of it - target temp instructions are reflected on thermostat display. 

But the instructions from the app aren’t triggering the boiler to ignite and heat >>> target temperature

(might not stop heating either, if I override and turn on with the boiler’s in-built system either, I suspect, but it’s freezing out so that’s not currently a problem;/)

Looks not to be in Manual mode - I’ve been in and out of Manual; currently turned off and not appearing to be trapped there from thermostat display 

Boiler pcb/internal interface has four modes: 

clock - set the internal clock only (I think)

C1 - input mode for entering settings in memory bank; x many storable, on/off at time y/Z (no temperature - that’s a separate rotary dial) 

Auto - ‘initiate automated operation’ - presumably implementing settings from C1

Timer - on/off constant operation for / in / at x hrs, inc ‘h’ which is a binary on or off. 

Make/model - Biasi Riva Compact M96.24SM/C2 Combi 

Any help with getting Nest back into the real mechanical combustion world would be very-most super-greatly appreciated - I don’t want to fiddle more in case I displease the thermogods further 

thank you! 

0 REPLIES 0