cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Switching from Daikin one + to Nest Wiring

Patrick1313
Community Member

My old Daikin One + thermostat has a data 1, data 2, C and R. What should I be installing for my best thermostat 

1 Recommended Answer

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Patrick1313, your Diaken model uses a proprietary communication protocol to talk to the outdoor unit.  This is why you see DATA+ and DATA- (Data1 and Data2).  That thermostats communicates in a digital nature and not analog.  The nest thermostat will not work in that environment.  HVAC equipment manufacturers are starting to take this approach stating it allows them to  more effectively manage the systems,  All it really does is drive up the price of the systems and make you use a very expensive proprietary thermostat.  

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Patrick1313, your Diaken model uses a proprietary communication protocol to talk to the outdoor unit.  This is why you see DATA+ and DATA- (Data1 and Data2).  That thermostats communicates in a digital nature and not analog.  The nest thermostat will not work in that environment.  HVAC equipment manufacturers are starting to take this approach stating it allows them to  more effectively manage the systems,  All it really does is drive up the price of the systems and make you use a very expensive proprietary thermostat.  

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.