cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Where is my refund?

EBe
Community Member

My Nest Thermostat and Heatlink failed in July this year.

After the rigmarole of receiving a replacement thermostat, literally hours on the phone, then finally being sent a replacement Heatlink too. I then had to pay up front for installation by a local provider, a fee that Google assured me would be reimbursed.

I sent off the invoice for the work on the 16th of August, and I still have not received a penny nearly 10 weeks later. I have heard excuses and apologies for the delay again and again, but no action, nothing.

This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Absolutely shocking, and such a disappointment. Even worse, looking through this forum, I am one of many in the same boat.

What on earth is going on?!

10 REPLIES 10

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

Just as a matter of interest, who fitted the thermostat?

I don't mean company name, was it you or an installer?

It was a professional installer. The guys who fitted the original.
Interestingly, when they first fitted it, they were raving about them, when they came back they said they were fitting an awful lot of replacements, and were skilling up in alternative solutions too as they weren't confident in the product any longer...

Well in that case you should have gone back to the installer NOT Nest!!

Nest hold the 2 year warranty on the product agreed, but your fault is the responsibility of the installer. Remember, ANYTHING you buy in the UK is covered by Consumer Rights Act 2015, forget the 2 year warranty, consumer law covers you for a lot longer than that!! The item you purchased was from the installer, and installed by them, They are fully responsible for your problem. Check it out Consumer Rights Act faulty goods.

I'm afraid I did and they said I had to speak to Nest.
It's all done and dusted now, I just need Google to refund me the money as promised...

They would say that, but it's their problem they are the installer. Did you ask why it's Nest problem, as that would be very interesting answer?

The reason I am so against people sending stuff back to Google, is they are a rule to themselves. They do whatever they want, and we have no way of complaining. I sent my doorbell back to them over a year ago now, and still nothing sent back to me. All I get is Google helpers on here saying ''Oh I would love to know more about this case'' Yeh right, that's why not one single Rep has ever got back to me with the truth.

Good luck, and I hope your issue goes through.

"The reason I am so against people sending stuff back to Google, is they are a rule to themselves. They do whatever they want, and we have no way of complaining. "

I totally agree with your comment on Google Store customer service team after communicating with them for almost a year without any progress, only if you accept whatever **bleep**ty rules they put on you. They would tell you that the thermostats are their products which are perfect, and it must be your house's circulate issue causing the thermostat not working or wrong installation. When you decided to return the device since it didn't work, the customer support would tell you that he needed to discuss with their team and would get back to you when they had a conclusion ..... After a long long time since you hadn't contacted them to change your mind for returning the device, finally you were approved by them to return the device and process the shipping. While you were waiting, you cannot complain about anything. If you have complains, okay, it's your problem!!! Google store customer service is a Master of Ghosting. The last step was supposed to get the refund and have some peaceful time. However, they tell you that the refunded money has to go to be received through Payoneer or Google Store Credit. To use Payoneer account, a annual management fee should be charged on your account. The Google Store Credit is expiring in a year. Also, they only refund the product cost, not the tax on the charge. Again, it's their rule, and you have to accept it even though it's against the law. Therefore, at the last moment, Google Store still only cares about their own business with the third-party banking and online store business, but nothing about the customers!!! Our cash spent on purchasing the product is turned into a digital coupon with expiration date by Google Store. What a magic power of Google Store!

I had so much trust and faith in Google products, thanks to the excellent engineers, developers, and technicians! But now, thanks to the Google Store customer service team, the pretty bubble is broken harshly and I get a chance to see the greedy side of their business. Now, the biggest headache ever is to think about what to buy using that digital coupon before the expiration date....

Friends, if you can, please stay away from this trap. It's a nightmare and it's a pain.    

CaptainJeff
Community Member

Going to Nest for anything is  problematic.  I have a problem happening right now.  Installed Nest Learning on 1 April.  Ran heat through May, then AC and Heat into June until we went to straight AC for summer.  Multizone heating system (forced hot water) with two Nest E's on other zones.  Testing heating system from Nest Learning on 6 Oct.  Taco box just kept clicking.  You will see other posts about this across the web.  Call heating company for PM b/c I assumed the problem was with boiler.  First thing tech said when he arrived was "you have a Nest thermostat, correct?".  He performed the same troubleshoot you did (W to Rh wire - triggered heat).  Notified Google and then sent me new baseplate (arrived last night and installed - no fix.  Same exact issues).  Contacted them again this morning and just went through 2 hours of painful chat troubleshooting with totally useless reps (Madison and then Enzo).  If you get them, stop the chat, pull the Nest out of your house and get another brand.  I'm done with having a teenager in their basement ask me if my house is powered and calling it support/troubleshooting.  

Garytaz
Community Member

Did you ever get your money? I’ve had exactly the same experience. I submitted my invoices for the work on 17th November. They lie that it’s because it’s a particularly busy time but these issues have been going on for nearly a year with other customers. It’s a disgrace!

ah66533
Community Member

I got this message from Google:

"I am happy to inform you that we have already received the device and you have been added to our reimbursement or refund list for the amount of 138.96 EUR. Please allow up to 13 weeks for the refund to be processed due to high volume, thank you."

13 weeks to refund... What a joke! 

kbholston
Community Member

I scheduled an installation via Nest ontech. The tech couldn't perform the install so I asked for, and he said he initiated, a refund. How do I find out the status of my refund?