cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Offline lock in privacy mode. Will i be able to get back in?

JennWi
Community Member

My lock went offline and it is in privacy mode. I m heading back home tomorrow. Will i be able to get back in ? Can i use Bluetooth to stop the privacy mode and use my code to get in?

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Privacy mode is designed for when someone is at the property, not for when everyone has left. This mode disables the keypad and if it's offline you won't be able to use the app to unlock the door.

You can try restarting your Nest Connect and/or Wifi router if you're able to control those remotely. If that doesn't work and nobody is inside the property to unlock the door, you'll need to call a locksmith unfortunately.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Privacy mode is designed for when someone is at the property, not for when everyone has left. This mode disables the keypad and if it's offline you won't be able to use the app to unlock the door.

You can try restarting your Nest Connect and/or Wifi router if you're able to control those remotely. If that doesn't work and nobody is inside the property to unlock the door, you'll need to call a locksmith unfortunately.