cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Add Guest Passcodes on App

SueGibbs
Community Member

I have a Nest x Yale Lock. This went offline for a long time and the only way we could get it back online was to factory reset the lock. 

We did this, it reconnected ok, we set it up with the owner passcode, removed the previous product connection from the Nest app, and re-added it. All fine and the lock was back online.

The lock is located in our house in Aruba. We live in the UK and the house is a vacation rental, so it is important that I can change guest passcodes remotely from the UK. We are in Aruba until 6th April so need to get this resolved before we leave 

The guests who were previously entered were still listed in the app, so I tried to re-add their passcodes which were no longer there. When I tried to do this, there was an error message saying "Guest. Something went wrong. Please try that again"

This happened repeatedly so I removed all guests and decided to re-add them. Now there are no guests listed, and when trying to add them again I get the same error message. "Guest. Something went wrong. Please try that again". I have tried entering the same names, and completely different names in case it was recognising the information previously entered.
Having already reset the lock to factory settings, it seems unnecessary to have to go through the whole time consuming procedure again, since this caused the issue in the first place.

I am running version 5.76.1.0 of the app.

I would appreciate any help please, asap, as we are on a tight timeline before we leave for the UK on 6th April.

Thank you SO much! 🙏

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I've seen other users resolve this by resetting both the lock and Nest Connect. Setup Nest Connect again, then connect the lock to Wi-Fi via Nest Connect again.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I've seen other users resolve this by resetting both the lock and Nest Connect. Setup Nest Connect again, then connect the lock to Wi-Fi via Nest Connect again.