cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What happens with Google?

Ymen
Community Member

After waiting more than a year to replace the defective Nest Secure. Today I opened the box and installed the new device. I am now reading that the device will not be supported after April 7th. Can someone explain to me what is going on? How could Google do this? It is theft. 

2 REPLIES 2

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I'm not privy to your replacement situation, however Google did announce end of support for Nest Secure many months ago now back in April of this year.

Support for Nest Secure ending - Google Nest Help

Update for Nest Secure, Dropcam, and Works with Nest

JerryS
Community Member

Agreed on the theft. They refuse to give me anything but the useless piece of plastic they sold me after they decided to discontinue with minimal notice. Now they will not respond or escalate the issue so, after years of being a loyal customer, I am selling my stock, canceling YouTube TV, nest services, and selling my hardware. All this because they will not honor the rebate that other customers received. I don’t want to get caught in a position with a Nest Aware contract or YouTube TV agreement and have them force me to pay after canceling abruptly. Quite shady operations for a multi billion dollar company.