cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with scalding hot battery in nest protect

Chris1
Community Member

Hi I was awoken early this morning by my Nest protect chirping a low battery warning . I’d had no normal notification on either the app or by the voice control to inform me to change batteries but the very worrying part was one of the batteries was so hot I couldn’t even touch it ( I note that this problem has been reported quite frequently on community forum but can’t find any answers as to whether it’s just safe to replace batteries to be honest not sure I feel safe as my battery felt near to catching fire and before anyone asks I was using the recommended energiser batteries as stated by Nest . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

davidking
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Totally appreciate this will be concerning. To that end and to provide the best support with this, I've shared this with the Google Nest community team, who can check on possible options and next steps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

davidking
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Totally appreciate this will be concerning. To that end and to provide the best support with this, I've shared this with the Google Nest community team, who can check on possible options and next steps.

View solution in original post