cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Install Nest where no thermostat is present

ClemD
Community Member

Hello everyone,

Good evening,

Here is my situation, I already have one Nest downstairs in my home connected to a HeatLink, however I’ll like to get another Nest to run the upstairs radiators. And I dont really know where to start since I dont have an original thermostat upstairs to switch from.
I had a look at the installation guide online, but couldn’t get a clear idea of what I should do.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards

Clem

4 REPLIES 4

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

ClemD, how I are the upstairs radiators controlled now? That is, do you have a zone controlling Boiler?

Ken, The Cooling Wizard 

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Hello @CoolingWizard ! 
thanks for your reply.

at the moment our nest on the main floor controls all radiators inside the house which is what I’ll like to change , so at the moment I have all the setup for the Nest (heat link valves etc , up and ready but for the nest on the ground floor, above I literally have nothing , not a single wire).

thanks

ClemD

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

In order to do what you’re wanting to do, you would have to add a new thermostat wire pair for the thermostat upstairs down to the heating system and another heat link. The new heat link would be wired to only the valves for upstairs radiators.

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Patrick_Caezza
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You are located in the UK/Europe area, correct?

I don't know much about the setup and capabilities of the HeatLink version of the Nest Learning Thermostat, but I don't believe you can have individual control of different valves. I do know that you can only have one thermostat connected to a heatlink.

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza