cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Remote sensor

Johngriese
Community Member

Hi... Just purchased a remote sensor and I was wondering how to set a schedule for it.  It seems like when I have the sensor selected, it reverts to the thermostat schedule and stays with that device instead of using the actual temperature where the sensor is.

1 Recommended Answer

bradbort
Community Member

There is actually a spot in the app where you can tell it when to use which sensor by morning, afternoon, evening, night. Check around and you will find it. If that function is not working, I’d call tech support.

The irritating thing is that it makes you accept its predefined time slots. For example, morning starts at 7am. Not earlier. not later. Live with it. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

bradbort
Community Member

There is actually a spot in the app where you can tell it when to use which sensor by morning, afternoon, evening, night. Check around and you will find it. If that function is not working, I’d call tech support.

The irritating thing is that it makes you accept its predefined time slots. For example, morning starts at 7am. Not earlier. not later. Live with it. 

Thanks so much!  Found what you were talking about and made the adjustments.

I've actively told people not to buy nest thermostats because of this one issue. I work in process automation and this has been a sore spot for me since I bought the sensors when they first came out.

I am in the building automation industry too and this pre set unchangeable schedule is bothering me bad!  Google, please fix!!

mikel31556
Community Member

The iPhone App supposedly gives you the ability to change the sensor at least until the next time interval (9 PM, 7 AM, 11 AM, or 4 PM). So, if you want to be in a room with a sensor, but that's not on the usual schedule, you're supposed to be able to move the sensing device. However, for at least the last month, whenever I do that, it will register the change and the heating system will respond. Then a short time later, sometimes less than 10 minutes, it reverts to the predesignated sensor. It's like the app is telling me that I don't know what I want. Any suggestions? 

Yeah, that used to work on Android before I ran into the same I issue. I haven't tried it recently but the only workaround I had found was to also change the current time interval you are in to the sensor you want. Which is a major pain.

mikel31556
Community Member

Will they tell us that it is a feature and not a bug? 

MildMastermind
Community Member

Of course not! They'll just ignore it and release a new brand instead.