Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Home Automation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Heads up: Philips Hue Change Impacting Scripted Automations!

Hey everyone,We wanted to keep you in the loop about some recent changes related to Philips Hue sensors that might impact your scripted automations. Philips Hue has updated their sensor device configuration to use the TemperatureSetting trait (previo...

WAS excited about my new nest cam but...

So I get all four of my nest cams set up today (nearly $700) and I have just found out that I can not use routines to turn on or off cameras nor can I cast the footage to my TV. Only google presence sensing will turn them on or off. Not all the time ...

Google Account Disabled

I have 3 nest cameras and 1 doorbell. My previous google account was disabled so I can not remove them for said account. I have tried to factory reset the camera's but when I go to add them to a new Nest account It says they are connected to another ...

ew50 by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

How about Google merges the Nest app into the Google Home app?

Hey all!I recently added the nest system to my home and switched from Ring. Who all here would agree with me that it would be more convient for Google to merge the Nest App into the Google Home app? I would prefer the apps to be consolidated instead ...

Adenham2 by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Back plate for Google doorbell

I have looked everywhere for a replacement backplate for my Google doorbell (battery). Anyone know where to get one?

Assistant works, then goes too far.

When I get back from the gym I usually ask Google to turn on the lights in the kitchen. For the past 2 weeks, I have said, "Hey Google, turn on the kitchen lights". The response is *lights turn on*, "Okay, turning on two lights". Then a second later ...

zjshafer by Community Member
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

routine actions failing

I recently added an X-10 PRO (IR543 IR to RF converter) device to my Harmony hub and added the following devices in Google Home:"turn on lights fast", "turn off lights fast", "dim lights", "turn on lights slow", "turn off lights slow".The lights resp...

jukerjim by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to change home nickname on Google Home App (not Nest app)

Hi,I cannot seem to find a way to change my home nickname on Google Home app. I searched high and low on Google, too. They showed only how to change it on Nest Apps, but it doesn't reflect on Google Home app. Is there a way to do this? Thank you!

Ysusanto by Community Member
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos