Did you mean: 
Home Automation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Let’s Discuss! Smart Home Automations for Pets

Hey Nest Community,May is National Pet Month in the United States! And as all pet parents know - scaley, feathery, and furry friends are very important inhabitants of your household and can absolutely benefit from the connectedness of a smart home. W...

Pet_snowball_community-png.png

google home prioritize device

when i try to connect my xbox to my google home it doesnt work. i am trying to prioritize my xbox on my wifi because i want to have better ping. this is wahat shows up

Screenshot_20220515-172723_Google.jpg
meskNM by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Home Mini will not authenticate

Hello, after factory reset, my Google Home Mini will not authenticate. The other post about this same issue did not resolve the issue. The device has been reset to original factory condition, but still fails to authenticate. Please help.

JustinCl by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Content filters

Why have my content filters changed. I have not touched them and don't understand how to get them off. I have been able to get music I want to play up till now. Now when I ask it tells me its unable whilst content filters are on. Been in settings and...

Chromecast setup

Hello. I have a Chromecast that is plugged into the HDMI and wall power socket.i went through the setup process to connect it to my Google Home on my phone using my GoogleAccountF. I got up to the wi-fi setup on my TV and it said it was successful. B...

Sauchee by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device control based on outside weather

Is there a way to have Google Home tell a device (such as a wifi switch) but to turn on based on the weather outside? I'm wondering this because I want to tell my old attic fan when to turn on but the best time to turn on would be when the outside te...

BroGard by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Link device to specific account.

Is there any way to assign a device to a specific account? For example, I have two kids each with a smart bulb in their bedrooms, each also has a Google nest mini. Voice recognition is setup. At the moment they can ask Google to turn "Sarah's light" ...

Archon by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WAS excited about my new nest cam but...

So I get all four of my nest cams set up today (nearly $700) and I have just found out that I can not use routines to turn on or off cameras nor can I cast the footage to my TV. Only google presence sensing will turn them on or off. Not all the time ...

Google Account Disabled

I have 3 nest cameras and 1 doorbell. My previous google account was disabled so I can not remove them for said account. I have tried to factory reset the camera's but when I go to add them to a new Nest account It says they are connected to another ...

ew50 by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

How about Google merges the Nest app into the Google Home app?

Hey all!I recently added the nest system to my home and switched from Ring. Who all here would agree with me that it would be more convient for Google to merge the Nest App into the Google Home app? I would prefer the apps to be consolidated instead ...

Adenham2 by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos