cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Assistance Needed

LarryBarnhouse
Community Member

image.jpg

Hi! Larry’s daughter here. Dad texted at 5:30 this morning that the heat was out (again.) Goettl was here two days ago and said they couldn’t find an issue with the furnace. We decided to switch the thermostat out but I did not take a picture of the wiring before I removed the old one. There are the wire colors. Yellow, blue, white, red and brown. When I put the wires in I get a message during set up that they are not detected. I’m going with yellow (Y), blue (C), white (W), red(R) and brown (*OB). I am trying to get the HVAC company to come back out but they can’t come until tomorrow. 
Thank you in advance for any assistance! ♥️

4 REPLIES 4

LarryBarnhouse
Community Member

This is the old thermostat 

image.jpg

Hello LarryBarnhouse,

I'm sorry for the trouble this may have caused you; let's see what's going on.

To isolate:

1. Please make sure that all wires are properly connected and the tabs are pushed down.
  2. Take out the batteries for at least 3 minutes before plugging in to restart.
  3. Ensure that the power to your HVAC system is turned on at the breaker box.
  4. Try adding the thermostat again in the Google Home app and selecting the appropriate terminals.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi there,

I'm checking back in. Were you able to do the steps above? I'd be glad to hear from you, and I'd like to make sure everything is working.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi LarryBarnhouse,

I'm checking in to make sure that you've seen my response. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns before we lock this thread in 24 hours.

Thanks,

Mark