Did you mean: 
Nest Protect
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Updates on Nest Protect and pending Scottish legislation changes

Hey everyone, I appreciate everyone’s patience as they’ve shared their feedback and questions regarding the pending Scottish legislation changes. We’re aware of the proposed legislation changes to the fire and smoke alarm standard in Scotland requiri...

RachelC by Googler
  • 243 replies
  • 7 kudos

Mini

It says a few extra steps have to be taken before I can set up my Google mini

LavaRock by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest smoke alarm

Hello hope you are well. I have a nest smoke detector/alarm, however I receive a message almost every 4-5 weeks, telling me tho the current batteries need replacing.could you please advise best wishes Stephen Edmonds

Slce1066 by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest Smoke Detector

How do I delete these from my account? I’ve sold my house and need to remove them. Help, please.

Ginga10 by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replace batteries

Message on smoke detector telling me to replace batteries but batteries are still good

OEO by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

battery life

I bought a house with Nest thermostat and smoke detectors, so I don't know much about them. For the first year I lived here all was fine, but now the batteries go dead in both of my smoke detectors about every 3 weeks to a month. In one of them, I ha...

JennyM by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest Protect

I am having loads of trouble getting my 3 Nest Protect devices reconnected to my network. Not sure if they are Gen 1 or Gen 2. I have a nest thermostat as well. When I go through the setup in the app, it fails at the point where it shows the Thermost...

CAH1975 by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest Detect light is off

My Nest Detect won't light up, I have replaced battery and tried to factory reset by holding the button down for >15s but no lights came on.

Can't connect Next Protect to new Wifi

I have 3 Next Protect detectors, I have two Gen 1 and one Gen 2. I just recently switched to AT&T fiber internet connectivity. I have a TP-Link mesh with a 2.4 and 5.0 broadcast. I have been able to reconnect my other Nest Products (thermostat & came...

UXDiva by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Power out every day on nest protect?

I recently installed a nest protect, to replace an old smoke detector, and when I look at the history on the nest app, it shows me that the power has been out every single day for months. I know that the power hasn't actually been out, does this mean...

Mattsallen by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos