Did you mean: 
Nest Thermostats
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need help with setup? Troubleshoot common Nest Thermostat problems

Here are some steps I recommend to resolve issues during the setup of Nest Thermostats.Before trying these stepsMake sure you're using the correct app for setup. Need help checking which model you have? Use the Google Home app to set up the following...

David_K by Platinum Product Expert
  • 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Google Nest equipment error

Buyer beware, I purchased eight Google Nest thermostats and per Google's direction had On Tech to install them. On Tech is a cable tv installation company that knows very little about HVAC systems. I had to spend over $2400 to have and HVAC company c...

ehome by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

remote temp sensor

Is there a remote temp sensor for the nest thermostat? Also is there a way to change the delay time of when it shuts off?

Bpaige88 by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google thermostat not work

I decided to replace my comfortable365T with a nest learning thermostat, but it didn't work when it was connected. I wonder if I didn't connect the wires right or it was not compatible. The wiring method is as follows: R>R,C>RH,W1OB>W1,Y1>Y1,G>G. Tha...

image.jpg image.jpg
Zzl by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wiring

I have 7 wires total, R, O/B, Y, G, C Y2 and Aux... where do I land the second Y if Y2 is already installed?

Power Test Not Run on Nest Thermostat

I installed my Nest (Thermostat-1.4) w/ C-wire, only to discover the C-wire was not connected. So I opened my furnace and sure enough the C-wire was disconnected (who knows why, given that someone went through the bother of running it). Ok, easy, I c...

mormegil27 by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Tabs broken on 3rd Gen thermostat

Two of the four tabs on the rear of my 3rd generation thermostat are broken and I need to replace the white plastic piece as shown by the red arrow in the screenshot. I don't need the front black area or the silver dial. I only need the white plastic...

nest-3rd-generation-white-cover.jpg
sekzman by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Device not visible on Nest App

My Nest thermostat is not visible on my app. When I try to add it says it’s already on account, remove and re-add, but since it’s not visible there’s nothing to remove. My husband has it on his App, under his separate email account.

ElaineT57 by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest heat link died

2 days ago, my Nest Thermostat showed a “N72” error on it’s display. After some checks it appeared the Nest Heat Link stopped working.Power source to the heat link is functioning properly, but none of the lights on the heat link will light up. Resett...