Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nest Thermostats

Blog Posts

Troubleshoot a W5 Code on Nest Thermostat Read more

Nest Renew: How do you save energy during the Holiday season? Read more

Forum Posts

Need help with setup? Troubleshoot common Nest Thermostat problems

Here are some steps I recommend to resolve issues during the setup of Nest Thermostats.Before trying these stepsMake sure you're using the correct app for setup. Need help checking which model you have? Use the Google Home app to set up the following...

David_K by Platinum Product Expert
  • 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Google Nest Thermostat Not seeing W wire!

I have an older gas furnace, heat-only, with a 2-wire thermostat to an old Honeywell mercury switch. Wire colors are not to code, but work in any configuration with the old Honeywell thermostat.I have a Nest generation 1 thermostat. I installed it wi...

firejet99 by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting schedule without app

I am doing a house swap. Can my swappers set up a schedule on each thermostat (living area, bathrrom and bedrooms) without app.Not cold enough to just set it up myself. Weather so changeable at the moment

Tessav by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Incompatible with wiring

wondering if it’s true that my nest is incompatible with my wiring or if there’s a way to still make it work.I can’t figure out how to upload an image to this post but I have O/B, R/C, G, W, Y, R/H, and C hookups on my current thermostat but the only...

basskey by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

File a complaint for Nest Customer Service

Had such a horrible experience with the Nest customer support team. Purchased my fourth thermostat from Google directly. Previous 3 purchases were from Home Depot directly. Thermostat would not connect to Wi-fi. Finally I was sent a replacement which...

1 home, 2 furnaces & 2 air conditioners

My new home has the current setup:2 basic thermostats (1 upper level, 1 lower)1 gas furnace & AC unit for upper level1 gas furnace & AC unit for lower level. Each system is independent - no link between systems. I know that the Nest system can do zon...

mrkwkkrn by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest 3rd gen causing my outside ac unit ti freeze

My AC unit is old 2 years old but my thermostat is very old. So i replaced it with the Google Nest 3rd gen. Ever since I installed it the furnace shuts off and my ac unit continues to run and freezes up.This never happened before. I installed per the...

MikeSark by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locked and offline thermostat

I recently upgraded my router and need to update my thermostat Wi-Fi connection but the thermostat is locked and I don’t have the pin. So I have an offline and locked thermostat. Does anyone know how I can remedy this problem?

KWood by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
to vote